👋 Hi! Olá! I’m Bruno, currently a CS Ph.D. Candidate at NYU Tandon School of Engineering advised by professor Damon McCoy working alongside the Cybersecurity for Democracy group. I work broadly in Machine Learning/Data Science theory and applications.
Currently, I’m focusing on:
- 🆕 A new research project for 2023 I’ll update you about in the future ;)
- 🌐 Applied Multilingual NLP techniques for Topic Modeling
- 📚 Theoretical foundations of Deep Learning
As side/coding projects, I am also focusing on:
- 🧑🏫 Mentoring students of the Data Science MBA at the University of São Paulo - I tutor ML, DS and DL classes
- 🎄 Finishing up last years Advent of Code
I got my bachelor’s degree in Computer Science at the Universidade de São Paulo (USP 🇧🇷 ), with a focus in Machine Learning as a Research Assistant at the Laboratory of Computational Intelligence, while also participating in many Kaggle like competitions 🏆 and co-founding a Machine Learning-Data Science research group (DATA).
In my free time I can be often be found traveling, reading sci-fi or practicing Parkour.
- (Feb 2023) I will be working at Kensho this summer as a Machine Learning Intern.
(Feb 2023) 🧑🏫 I was invited for a guest lecture for NYU’s Security Analytics class - “Introduction to Data Science methods and Python tools”.
- (Jan 2023) Our paper got accepted to the 2023 ACM Web Conference! Propaganda Política Pagada: Exploring U.S. Political Facebook Ads en Español
- (Oct 2022) I will be attending ACM Internet Measurement Conference late October! If you’re going and interested in discussing research/meeting, shoot me an email!
- (Sep 2022) Alongside CyberSecuirty for Democracy, I’ve written up the results of my recent research: Spending on 2020 Spanish-language political ads on Meta lagged behind English-language ads
- (Sep 2022) I have passed my Qualifying Exam and am officially a Ph.D.
- (Aug 2022) I have recently won the NDD Tech ML challenge! Read more here.